It’s Memorial Day weekend! That means a lot of us might be going to BBQs and parties. And THAT means we are going to be tempted by a lot of food! Stay on track this weekend by making one of these healthy, patriotic treats!
Use raspberries, bananas, and blueberries to make the red, white, and blue fruit skewers! This is great in place of dessert. You can satisfy your sweet tooth, but the added fiber and nutrients make this a way better option than cake and cookies!
Fruit and Cheese Flag Tray
Line up strawberries, white cheddar cubes, and raspberries to make the stripes. Add a bowl of blueberries in the corner to finish the flag! Snack on this instead of reaching for chips. We know how good berries are for us and cheese in small amounts has its benefits, too!
Fruit and Yogurt Popsicles
This one takes a little more work, but is totally worth it! Great alternative to traditional popsicles and ice cream!
What you need:
- plain, lowfat yogurt
What you do:
- Puree blueberries and raspberries separately.
- Put all ingredients into separate measuring cups with spouts (this will make pouring easier).
- Add a little water to each of the ingredients to dilute a little and make them more pourable.
- Layer ingredients into a popsicle mold. First, the blueberries, then alternate the yogurt and raspberries to make stripes.
- Put in the freezer overnight or until frozen.
Do you have any other healthy, holiday treats? Comment below and let us know!