Chicken salad is a great summer food! It’s cold, but hearty and can be put on a sandwich for a quick meal on the go. This guilt-free variation omits the mayo and adds in nutritious avocado! Fresh celery, onion, and cilantro also bump up the nutritional content. And chicken, of course, gives you plenty of protein!
What you need:
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped (parsley is also really good!)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and enjoy!
For a non-dairy option, omit the yogurt and drizzle in some olive oil instead.